Color Presets

Willy

Color Presets

Post by Willy »

Hi Dears,

I would be very nice to have a kind of color preset pool. Something allowing the programmer to store a color in a empty slot below the color picker for example.
So that, it would be possible to use that precise color as wanted in a new layer.
And if we change the settings of a "custom color slot", it would of course update the color in the layer referencing to that color.

Best regards and thank you for all the work you already did to improve this amazing software !

Willy
Fritzsche
Support
Support

Re: Color Presets

Post by Fritzsche »

Hi Willy,

Thank you for this suggestion!

You are right – this is currently not available in this way.
However, you have the possibility to improve your workflow with a number of options the software currently provides:
– Copy And Paste (via context menu or drag and drop)
– Saving/loading a MADRIX Color Table file (via controls / partially via context menu / via file drag and drop)

The majority of effects are using Color Tables or Color Gradients where all of the above work great. You can learn more about these techniques here:
http://help.madrix.com/m5/html/madrix/h ... ction.html

Thank you very much!
Willy

Post by Willy »

Thank you Fritzsche for your answer !

saving/loading color table is indeed a great tool that i'm using a lot ;)
when you are programming, it is not a problem to copy/paste the color as you build new cues.
I'm rather looking forward to a way of updating quickly a lot of layer referencing to a precise color.
I work a lot for TV or Film and even for a white effect, DOP's often asked me to tune the white or another color to match the camera - of course at the last minute before shooting and for all effects :cry: !!!

thank you for your attention ;)
Best regards

Willy
Fritzsche
Support
Support

Post by Fritzsche »

Okay, thank you! Now, I understand.

It would be like global document colors that update throughout the project.
It is like the concept of Symbols/Smart Objects/Styles in graphic design.

Thanks.
andyesl

Post by andyesl »

Hi Willy,

a bit of a late reply, but for "white balance" you can use the Filter color picker in the Output pane.

Andy
ESL France
MTX-Lightning

Post by MTX-Lightning »

With next Version Update (5.6) released in a few weeks there is a new feature "global colors" where you can switch colors dynamically or via DMX. It's really great. It was introduced at the Prolight & Sound in Germany some weeks ago.